If you have a large family, then it is important to learn recipes that are easy to cook. Cooking complicated dishes can consume a lot of time, which is something that many people do not have these days. If you are someone who is required to cook for 5 or 7 people twice a day, then you know how hectic it can be. You can save yourself by learning few simple and easy to cook dishes and getting the right kitchen utensils that will make your cooking task hassle free.
I personally love casserole dishes not only because they are easy, but because they consume less time and are healthy too. One of my favorite recipes is cheesy bacon chicken casserole which I cook at least twice a week. My family enjoys it and I get to save a lot of time too. This dish can be prepared within just about 40 minutes.
The best part is that you can use ingredients of your choice and don’t necessarily have to stick to those mentioned in this recipe. If you don’t have all the ingredients at home or didn’t find something in particular at the supermarket, then you can change it a little bit. Remember, you can experiment as much as you want and still make a tasty and delicious meal.
Bacon and chicken make a killer combination and no matter which kind of dish they are used in, the result is simply delightful. We have used spiral pasta here but if you want you can consider using other types such as penne. Same goes with the choice of cheese. You can use whichever you have at home or would like to use in your dish. But if you want to stick to this recipe and are planning to make it tonight, then trust me you will leave everyone at home wanting for more.
This cheesy dish is really tasty and simple to make. Just follow the instructions and you will have a yummy bacony meal ready for dinner.
- Skinless chicken breasts, 4-5 pieces
- 6 strips of bacon
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 box spiral pasta
- Salt to taste
- Take the strips of bacon and cook till tender. Once cooked, crumble the strips. Cut the chicken into small cubes when the bacon is still cooking.
- Take the bacon out of the pan and using the same pan with bacon drippings, cook the chicken.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the pan.
- When the chicken is cooking, prepare the pasta
- Take a 9×13 baking pan and spray with oil
- Drain pasta and put the pasta into the pot.
- Into the same pot, add cheese (keep some for later use), chicken, cream of chicken soup and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with bacon and remaining cheese.
- Bake the dish at 400 degrees until the cheese has melted and the started to turn brown. This may take approximately 20 minutes.