When is a cupcake not a cupcake? When it’s a pizza! Whilst a full size deep pan pizza is delicious it can be time consuming to make from scratch and if you indulge in more than a couple of slices pretty heavy too. These cute little treats give you the delicious taste of a deep pan pizza without all the effort.
They only take about 20 minutes to make as the dough is pre-prepared. Like regular pizzas you can choose whatever toppings you like so be as creative as you want. They are the perfect way of getting the kids involved in the kitchen as they adore constructing these mini masterpieces. These deep pan pizza cupcakes make a great snack as well as a fun treat on the buffet table. The biggest problem you will have is running out too quickly; my number one tip is always to make more than one batch at a time!
- A can of refrigerated crescent rolls (croissant dough)
- ½ cup of pizza sauce
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Your choice of pizza toppings – pepperoni, sausage, mushroom etc
- Preheat your oven to 190C (375F).
- Cut the crescent roll dough into 8 squares. Press each piece into a muffin case. Make sure you spray the case with cooking spray to stop the dough from sticking.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of shredded mozzarella into each muffin case.
- Top each one with a tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- Add on your chosen toppings and sprinkle garlic powder over these.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes and serve straightaway.