Last weekend we had a small get together at home. It was unplanned, but we had some very special friends coming over. Since we didn’t have much time to prepare food, we had to look for a recipe that was easy and quick. Finally, we decided to serve this delicious pull apart bread dish to our friends.
I remember reading about pull apart bread recipes on Pinterest. They are simple, but are delicious as hell. It just took few minutes for us to prepare the meal and trust me it was a hit among our friends. You can also serve it as a side dish or an appetizer for your next party or get together.
If you do a search on the internet, you will find many variations of this recipe. The one I like the most is cheddar bacon ranch pulls. It is addictive, cheesy and easy and trust me you will want more of it even if your tummy says “I am full”. You can not go wrong with bread and you can generally use any type of bread for this recipe provided it is unsliced. You can also use frozen bread.
This dish goes nicely with any kind of pizza sauce or dip. You can get creative with the ingredients you use on your bread and you can also get creative with your sauces and dips. Customize the flavors by adding your favorite cheeses and meat. If you use bacon, then try using Swiss cheese in combination with cheddar cheese. Swiss cheese can be overpowering so be sure to add equal amounts of cheddar. Aside from this, there are many cheese combinations you can use. Try any that you can think of or have available in your fridge.
This stuff is truly amazing and whether you prepare it for friends or families, you will surely get good reviews for your thought and creativity. If you are someone who loves easy recipes, then you must add this one to your cookbook. It is extremely popular and gets ready within minutes.
- 1 loaf of round sourdough bread, unsliced
- 10 oz thinly sliced cheddar cheese
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing
- 3 oz bag bacon bits (preferably Oscar Mayer Real Bacon)
- Use a sharp knife to cut the bread ensuring that you do not cut through the crust. The slices should be done in both directions to make it easy to pull the pieces apart.
- Place cheese slices in between the cuts.
- Take the bacon bits and sprinkle on top of the bread ensuring that the bits get in between the gaps in the bread.
- In a bowl, mix ranch dressing and melted butter.
- Pour the mixture over the bread.
- Wrap the bread in a foil and place the foil on a baking sheet.
- Heat the oven to about 350 degrees and bake the bread for about 15 minutes. When all the cheese has melted, remove from the oven and serve hot.