Although this is a tasty, healthy dish for anyone to enjoy, if you are beginning the Atkins diet you will be pleased to know it is a Phase 1 recipe. Phase 1 of the Atkins diet introduces you into a new way of thinking and eating and where better to begin than with this yummy salad.
Instead of regular pasta, zucchini is a great alternative. It is a healthier option as well as being gluten free. To create pasta style noodles you need to julienne the zucchini which simply means cutting it into thin strips. Make sure you leave the skin on as this where you will find a lot of the good stuff such as vitamins and other nutrients.
It is ridiculously easy to make as you just throw all the ingredients into a bowl and toss them together so perfect for when you are rushed for time. It is great on its own but works equally well as a side. When trying to eat healthily there is no need to miss out on dishes full of flavour. Try this zucchini pasta salad with Parmesan and see for yourself how easy it is to eat healthily.
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk together. Add salt and pepper seasoning to taste.
- Cut the yellow and green zucchinis into thin strips and add to the bowl.
- Gently toss the mix to ensure zucchini strips are well coated.
- Add in the grated Parmesan and toss to mix it in.