Shrimp scampi is a delicacy enjoyed by many fish lovers. Fish dishes can sometimes be fiddly and difficult to prepare but this recipe is super easy to make, takes no time at all and is delicious with it! In general fish is pretty healthy but shrimp scampi is often made with a lot of butter. This healthier version removes butter altogether as well as reducing the amount of white wine used. The chicken broth makes up for the lack of white wine; for an even healthier option you could choose low sodium chicken broth.
This shrimp scampi is delicious accompanied with a slice or two of crusty bread. It is great for anyone without much time to make a meal. It is also perfect for those amongst us not that great at cooking as it is so simple to do. Make this for your friends and family and they will be seriously impressed at your culinary skills – no need to tell them how easy it is!
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ¼ pounds of medium raw shrimp (peel & devein but leave tails on)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup of minced parsley (plus extra tablespoon for garnish)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 4 wedges of lemon
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the shrimp and sauté for between 2 to 3 minutes until just pink.
- Add in the garlic and stirring throughout cook for another 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the skillet and place onto a platter to keep warm.
- In the skillet, mix together the white wine, chicken broth, ¼ cup of parsley and salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to the boil and leave uncovered until it has reduced by half.
- Pour this sauce over the shrimp. Garnish with the rest of the parsley and serve with the lemon wedges.