Most of the desserts out there cannot be classified as healthy, but there is no harm in indulging once in a while. There are some people who eat chocolates everyday and they surely cannot be blamed for it. Most people need some sort of dessert right after their lunch or dinner. Sometimes, although the brain keeps saying that the stomach is full, people always have some room for nice and yummy desserts. It is also true that people tend to eat more sweet things when they are stressed.
There are a number of reasons why we want to eat dessert despite knowing that they are not healthy and lead to a number of health related problems. Eating desserts give a sense of pleasure and according to some experts, it is essential that individuals acknowledge this feeling. Since it makes us feel good, there are times when we can’t deny it even if we want to. Desserts are one of the areas from which an individual can derive pleasure. Just like relationships, relaxation and adventure, desserts add pleasure in life and it is also true that they help relax the mind when one is stressed.
But, keeping them under control or limiting how much you have in a day or week is very important. Indulging once in a while let’s say once or twice a week can be a healthy habit. I do not recommend having desserts after every meal because they can cause problems later on in life.
Choosing your dessert is also very important. Ensuring that they do not contain extremely unhealthy or harmful elements is I would say a very smart move. Last week as I was browsing through some dessert recipes, I stumbled upon this Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Cookie Cups recipe. Knowing that I have a thing for sweet and salty combination when it comes to desserts, I decided to make it straight away. With just some simple and basic ingredients, it is quite easy to prepare this recipe and yes it is YUMMY!
The pairing of salt and sugar in this tasty recipe is just euphoric. When these cookie cups were done, they were so soft and looked very good. Since they have peanut butter in them, it made the experience even more delightful as I absolutely love peanut butter. If you have a sweet tooth, but also fancy salted caramel, then I would highly recommend you to try this recipe. It is absolutely mouth watering and you are sure to impress your family with your baking skills if you get this one right. They are simple and easy to bake so why not give it a try today.
For the Cookies:
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 and ¼ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Baking soda and baking powder, ½ tsp each
For the Filling:
- 1 and ¼ cups unwrapped caramel
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp coarse salt
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to about 350°F.
- Take 24 muffin cups and spray with cooking spray.
- Take a bowl and add brown sugar, sugar and butter. Beat until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and egg and mix well
- Take a medium size bowl and add baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Whisk well and keep adding flour until the mixture is evenly blended.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls about 1-2 inches in size.
- Place each ball into the muffin cups and bake until they are light brown in color.
- Once the cookies are baked, make an indentation in the middle of each cookie using a wooden spoon.
- Allow it to cool and prepare the filling.
For the Filling:
- Take a medium size bowl and add water and caramel. Microwave it for about a minute on high heat.
- Stir it and microwave for another 15 seconds. Keep repeating this step until the caramel is melted well and the mixture is smooth.
- Add milk to the mixture.
- Fill the cookie cups with about 1 tablespoon of caramel.
- Sprinkle salt on top and allow the cookie muffin to set.