Cook time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2 aubergines Ingredients:
- 2 aubergines
- 1/3 cup (25 gr) of ricotta cheese
- 3.5 oz (100 gr) of speck (also raw ham)
- Oil (recomended olive oil)
- salt and peper
tips: you can choose also different kind of cheese, such as the ementaler. My advice is to choose rather a light cheese with low fat. Do not use mozzarella cheese, as it will become to liquide while cookingInstructions:
- Slice the aubergines in half lenghways and scrape out the flesh by using a small knife and a spoon.
- Chop the flesh to a small cubes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, then put the aubergine skins in the oven for about 10 min.The skins should slighly change their color.
- If they are thick, you will need more time to cook them.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan then put the aubergine cubes in the heated pan.
- If you decide for speck heat it in a separate pan with a teaspoon of oil (the raw ham does not need to be heated).
- Use a kitchen mixer to chop and mix the ham, cheese and the aubergine flesh
- When aubergine skins are cool enough, stuff them with the mixture and place them back into the baking dish.
- You may add bread crumbs to the mixture as it will remove the excessiv liquid from the cheese while cooking (if using the ricotta cheese)
- Bake the aubbergines ca. 15-20 min in 180 C heat.