This simple yet delicious dish has proved a lifesaver on more than one occasion in my household. Getting home late from work and needing to feed the kids fast or catering for unexpected guests, this recipe is perfect as it takes just over half an hour from start to finish and always produces a tasty result.
The garlic flavours pack a punch to otherwise plain pasta and the lemon juice gives it a real zing. Garlic and lemon are not two flavours you would automatically put together but they actually complement each other nicely. The recipe states using spaghetti but there is no reason why you couldn’t swap it for any other pasta; if you are in a hurry whatever pasta is in the cupboard will work fine. Angel hair pasta goes particularly well.
It can be served alone, perhaps with some nice crusty bread but works equally well as a side dish. So, if you are short on time but still want to create a tasty dish that everyone will love, try this garlic and lemon pasta.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1lb of spaghetti, cooked
- 3 tbsps garlic, minced
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsps lemon juice
- 4 tsps chicken instant bouillon
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup parsley
- Pour the extra virgin olive oil into a large pan or skillet and add garlic. Cook until garlic is golden.
- Then add in the chicken instant bouillon, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir until the instant bouillon has dissolved.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in a large bowl and add the garlic mixture, parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese. Toss all ingredients together and serve immediately.