Today we’re going to prepare another delicious dish. Quesadillas is a typical Mexican plate, usually is formed with 2 cheesy tortillas that we’ll fill with tasty beef.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 tbs homemade taco seasoning or a packet of store taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup plain tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cup cheese ( I used monterery jack and colby mix)
- 1/8 cup diced jarred roasted red peppers
- 10 soft tortillas or square tortillas
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbs flour
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Spray a large 9×13 inch baking sheet with cooking spray. Cover the sheet pan in foil or parchment paper if you like then spray the foil/parchment paper with the cooking spray.
In a small bowl add the water and flour and mix well until the clumps have disappeared. Set to the side.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook until browned. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the beef. Do not turn off the stove. Add the taco seasoning, salsa and tomato sauce. Add the slurry and mix until the ground beef mixture thickens. Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Cover the baking sheet with half of the flour tortillas, trimming to fit. Sprinkle cheese and cooled ground beef.