If you are planning to order takeout tonight, you can try this easy orange chicken stir fry recipe at home that you will surely enjoy. The good thing about this dish is that it requires little ingredients and is easy to make. In fact, it is a healthy recipe which you can enjoy with your family.
You can rely on this simple and easy to make stir fry if you are looking for a healthy meal. Stir fry meals are famous for its crispy vegetables. In this recipe, we are using a single vegetable which is broccoli. Broccoli offers numerous health benefits and this is the reason it is important to include it in your meals. The technique used for cooking broccoli in this recipe is steaming or sautéing. Both these cooking methods are healthy and help retain the vegetable’s nutritional values. According to a number of studies, consuming broccoli on a regular basis can help reduce risk of cancer, reverse heart damage caused by diabetes, protect the skin from the harmful effects of the UV light and prevent osteoarthritis.
If you want to add more vegetables to your dish, then you can include as many as you want and still get the perfect chicken stir fry. Stir fry meals are the most flexible meals to prepare. You are free to toss in whatever veggies you have in your fridge. You can also use a combination of meat and fish. There are times when I find it difficult to decide what to prepare for dinner. I don’t want to spend too much of my time in the kitchen after a hard working day and there have been many times when I have found bits and pieces in the fridge that I can combine to make a really decent stir fry. This is the reason stir fry is right at the top of my list when it comes to making dinner after work.
For the sauce:
- 12 oz. orange marmalade
- A tsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
For the stir fry
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, chunks or strips
- 4 cups broccoli crowns, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients and make a smooth paste. Ensure the garlic is blended in well.
- Take a pan and sauté the broccoli until they are cooked nicely. This could take up to 10 minutes. You can also choose to steam the broccoli which should take about 5 minutes. To caramelize the broccoli, add a little sauce to the pan. You can keep it simple as well.
- In a pan, sauté the chicken until they are cooked nicely. This can take about 5 minutes. Add some sauce and mix well. Once the chicken is done, remove the pan from the heat.
- Mix the chicken, sauce and broccoli in the pan together. Heat the mixture until it has combined well.