You can never go wrong with your dessert when you combine mint chip ice cream with brownies. Include a little bit of whipped cream and chocolate fudge and you will surely keep your sweet tooth happy.
Having friends or guests come over this weekend? Why not treat them with tasty dessert like Mint Chip Brownie Ice Cream Squares. This recipe is so easy to make and the best part is that you can make them in advance and keep it in your freezer for up to 3 days.
If you have children at home, they are sure to love these squares. Perfect for kids! The layered squares are so adorable and even adults cannot resist them. I can say that this is the best thing I have made this summer and I have absolutely loved it. It takes some time to get the layers ready because as you set each layer, you will need to put them back in the freezer to allow them to set. After this, you can work on the next layer till you are done and then garnish it with toppings of your choice.
Mint choc chips and chocolate pearls work great, but you can get creative in your own way as well if you want to give your brownie ice cream squares a different look. If you are making them especially for your kids at home, then you can choose a variety of colourful toppings.
Another thing is that you don’t have to limit yourself to just these combinations. The combinations are only limited to your imagination. So why not get creative and choose the flavors that you want to include in your dessert. You would want to have it over and over again so I suggest you keep the ingredients in stock. I absolutely love this kind of dessert and you will love it too.
- Ghirardelli Fudge Brownies or a boxed mix that is the size of a 9″x9″ pan
- Mint Chip Ice Cream
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi sweet or hot fudge sauce
- 1 tub whipped topping or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar, powdered
- Chocolate pearls, mini chocolate chips, chopped mints, etc
- Use parchment paper to line a 9″x13″ pan.
- Prepare brownies and spread brownie batter into the pan.
- Bake until cooked.
- Cool brownies
- Leave Ice Cream at room temperature for about 20 minutes
- When the Ice Cream is soft, spread over the brownies.
- Put the pan in the freezer and allow it to cool
- Put the cream in microwave and heat for about 1 minute. Do not let it boil, jut hot enough to melt chocolate chips.
- Add chocolate chips and allow it to melt.
- When the chocolate has melted, stir chocolate and cream to combine the two.
- Let it cool.
- After the mixture has cooled, pour over ice cream and spread evenly.
OR – if you are using hot fudge, then heat the fudge until it is warm. Spread the fudge on top of the ice cream and place the pan in the freezer.
- Thaw cool cream until it becomes spreadable
OR – if you are using heavy cream, then add cream, vanilla and sugar in a mixer and blend together.
- Spread the topping over chocolate layer
- Using toppings of your choice, garnish the top layer.
- Put the pan back into the freezer for at least three hours until everything has set.
- Serve chilled.