A simple change to your diet can pay off with lots of health benefits. So if you have not had your salad today, it is time to include it in your diet right away. It is quite important to have your salad every day. This is because eating salads is one of the healthiest eating habits that you can adopt.
According to experts, having just one serving of salads a day is a convenient way of providing your body with the required fruit and vegetable intake. Even if you are eating out, you can include a salad in your menu because most of the restaurants out there have some delicious salad options. Making a salad at the comfort of your own home isn’t even time consuming. Just throw in few fresh vegetables and fruits of your choice with a healthy salad dressing and you are ready to go.
Salads are fun to eat. They are crunchy and cool. They are interesting due to their combination of colors. You can customize them to include the ingredients that you have on hand or ones that you like to eat the most. Also encourage your little ones to eat at least one serving of salad every day. Fruits and veges offer numerous health benefits and salads must be eaten for these benefits. You can even spice up your creation by adding some extra ingredients that you can enjoy with your entire family.
One of the best salads that I find appealing and love to eat during the weekends when I have little bit of extra time for cooking is grilled peach, avocado & chicken kale quinoa salad. The best thing about this dish is that although it is classified as a salad, it also serves as a complete balanced meal. You will know what I am talking about here once you take a look at the ingredients required to make this salad.
This salad has boneless and skinless chicken that provides all the protein you need without the added fats. It also contains quinoa for energy and peach, avocados and kale for all the vitamins and minerals your body needs for protection. This salad is easy to make and is so tasty that you will want to have it everyday. It can be had on its own or as a side dish. Consider preparing this salad for your guests and you will surely impress them with your culinary skills. Because it contains grilled chicken and yummy and healthy fruits like avocado and peaches, your little ones are also sure to ensure this salad.
For Peach Ginger Dressing:
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small peaches, cut into 4 pieces each
- 6 tbsp water
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 and ½ tsp salt
- 2 pieces peeled ginger, 2 inches each
For the Salad
- 2 medium sized avocados, sliced
- 2 medium sized peaches, sliced
- 1 and ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 cups finely chopped kale
- Ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cooking spray
- Add all the ingredients for Peach Ginger Dressing into a blender or food processor and make a smooth paste. Set this aside.
- Preheat the grill and spray the cooking spray. Place chicken, peaches and avocados on the grill with salt and pepper. Let the peaches and avocados grill for a few minutes and then set it aside. Grill the chicken breasts until cooked and tender. Remove the chicken from the grill and slice them into thin strips.
- Add quinoa, grilled peaches and avocados, chicken and kale in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir to combine the ingredients. Add cheese on top and serve cold.