Cooking a whole meal using just one piece of cookware is a dream come true for busy cooks. This recipe, using just a skillet is a tasty meal the whole family can enjoy. Featuring skinless chicken breast and lots of broccoli means it’s healthy too. If you want to make it even healthier, use low sodium chicken broth and cream of chicken soup and swap regular pasta for whole wheat pasta. The garlic and pepper gives the dish a little kick but if you want a plainer version you could lower the amount used.
It is also quite adaptable so if your household isn’t keen on broccoli you could try sweet onion or bell peppers instead. The recipe states that any leftovers need to go in the fridge but that is never a problem at my house as there is never any left! So if you are rushed for time or just too lazy to do too much washing up, try this delicious chicken skillet meal.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs of skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tsps vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups of chopped broccoli
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of uncooked pasta (small shell)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Over a medium high heat, heat oil in your skillet. Add in the chicken and cook for around 3 minutes until it is not pink anymore.
- Add in the pasta, broccoli, chicken broth, chicken soup, pepper and garlic. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to its lowest setting, cover, and leave to simmer for between 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- In the last two minutes of cooking add the cheese.
- When cooked, make sure any leftovers you have are put in the fridge within 2 hours.