Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cup Ingredients:
- 2 cup Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 or 2 Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Clean the basil leaves with soft cloth, not washed otherwise the leaves will be a little bitter
- Add all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender, start only with the basil leaves and then the other ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients well until you get a homogeneous sauce, add more olive oil if you’d like a thinner consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary with salt or pepper