Are you on a low carb diet, but have been craving pizza? No matter which way you slice it, there is just a special place for pizza in our hearts. Gooey mozzarella cheese, yummy crust, tasty pepperoni and that bubbling sauce makes us hungry anytime we think of pizza. If you have a low-carb lifestyle or are simply looking to avoid carb due to all the ill health effects associated with it, then the choice of foods you have is limited. In fact I should say the choice of delicious foods you have is limited.
One serving of pizza contains at least 40 grams of carbs and that is way too much, especially if you are on a carb restriction diet. But did you know you could enjoy a deliciously yummy version of pizza without carb? Yes it is possible with our new recipe.
With this recipe, you have the freedom to enjoy the most delicious food on earth without the guilt of packing lots of calories. This is perfect for anyone who is looking to lose weight or eat healthy. This is an interesting recipe too because the crust is nothing like a traditional crust. It is not crispy, but it is still yummy. The crust has all the goodness of cream cheese, parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
We have kept the topping healthy and interesting too. The marinara sauce was an excellent base for the delicious toppings. The best part about this sauce is that it does not contain sugar. It is made from tomatoes and a range of herbs, onions and spices. It is a healthy alternative to the regular pizza sauces available in supermarkets. Depending on what your taste buds prefer, you can alter the toppings. Add or remove whatever you want and the result will still be as flavourful as the original thing.
Keep in mind that the crust will be soft so you may have to enjoy it with a fork just like you would enjoy a tasty casserole dish.
For the crust:
- 3 eggs
- Garlic powder
- 1 pack full fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Black pepper, freshly ground
For the pizza:
- Sauteed pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cayenne pepper, just a pinch
- ½ cup marinara sauce, jarred
- Garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- Increase the temperature of the oven to about 400 degrees
- Combine marinara sauce, cayenne pepper, oregano and garlic powder together
- Put marinara sauce on top of the crust and spread evenly
- Add mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce
- Add all the toppings
- Bake pizza in the oven for about 8 minutes or until cheese has melted
- Enjoy hot