Creamy Risotto with Mushroom and Parmesean December 2, 2017 Ingredients:
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 10 ounces risotto rice (for example arborio rice)
- 2 ounces fresh porcini mushrooms (or others) chopped
- You can use dried mushrooms: soak the mushrooms in hot water for ca. 20 min before adding to risotto
- Black pepper
- Grated Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese
- Handful parsley – chopped
For the vegetable broth:
- ½ carrot
- ½ celery
- ½ onion (or other vegetables)
You may use a vegetable stock cube insteadInstructions:
Cooking the real italian risotto is all about patience. Observe the rice while cooking, as it absorbs the vegetable broth, smell the aroma of mushroom slowly melting in the pan.
- In a saucepan heat 600 ml of water, add vegetables or vegetable stock cube.
Heat the oil in a separate pan. Add chopped onion and rice.
- Fry the rice until it will absorb the oil.
- Add chopped mushrooms and mix them with rice and onion. Then pour over the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates. Keep cooking over a medium heat.
- Carefully add the previously prepared vegetable broth: remove vegetables and pour the broth into the pan with rice and mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper. Keep stirring the risotto and cook slowly for about 15-20 min. Until the rice will absorb the broth.
- After the liquid has evaporated add cheese and parsley and mix it with the risotto.
After cooking the risotto let it rest for a 5-10 min in a covered pan. The rice will absorb better cheese. You may add also butter to make it more creamy. Choose a thicker pan to cook your risotto.